|STOCK PARISH COUNCIL|
|MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 28TH APRIL 2002 AT STOCK VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM.
|Present:||Cllrs. Mr & Mrs Elliott, Tant, Tully, Peacock, Webb, Lusty & Williams|
|In The Chair||Cllr. Johnson|
|Minute Secretary||Lorraine Green|
|Also Present:||Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer and 7 Members of the Public|
Cllr. Peacock reported that he had found a document produced by Chelmsford Borough Council which proposes reducing the speed limit in Smallgains Lane from 60mph to 30mph
|A parishioner reported that at the bottom of Mill Road/Downham Road there are some overgrown hedges which are making it dangerous to pull out of the junction. Clerk to contact Chelmsford Borough Council.|
|467||APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. - None|
|468||MINUTES OF THE LAST
The Minutes of the last Meeting, having been previously circulated, were then duly signed as a true record of events. All agreed.
|469||MATTERS ARISING FROM THE
Minute 408, 411, 424, 437 & 451. Any Other Business
The Clerk advised that she had spoken to Tracey Cain at 24/7 who was looking into the matter with regard to the black cable that had still not been removed from the green outside The Almshouses.
|Minute 446. Any Other
Business & Minute 451. Matters Arising From The Minutes.
The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Mr Rackham in Chelmsford Borough Council's Highway Maintenance Department with regard to the Loose and Noisy drain cover outside 46 High Street. In his letter he advised that the cover in question was a Fire Hydrant cover and that it was the property of Essex Fire and Rescue who were advised of the problem in December 2001. Mr Rackham advised that he had contacted them again on the 25th March 2002 requesting that repair work to the cover is carried out as a matter of urgency. Clerk to also contact Essex Fire and Rescue.
|Minute 408, 411, 424
& 437. Any Other Business & Minute 451. Matters Arising From The
The Clerk opened the tenders for the repair works to the Bus Shelter. Two quotations were received, one from G.E. Osborne and one from M.P. Andrews. The third contractor, Mr. Nichols, had not replied. It was decided that the Clerk would contact the contractors to see how long it would be before they could start the work but the general feeling was M.P. Andrews, who was the local man, should be given the job as there was not a lot of difference in the quotations.
|Minute 446 & 451.
Any Other Business
The Clerk advised that she had contacted Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to the Birch Lane sign that is missing. She was told that the sign had been ordered and it would be about two weeks before it was received.
The Clerk advised that she had written a letter with regard to the huge pothole on the North side of Common Road and the B1007 and had received an acknowledgement from the Highways Department at Chelmsford Borough Council.
|The Clerk advised that she had reported the High Street pavement, from Greenwoods down to Swan Lane, where the kerb was getting extremely low and also the sunken kerbing from Pettons up to Cherry Tree Cottage.|
|The Clerk advised that she had reported that Common Lane and Common Road were in a bad state to Chelmsford Borough Council.|
|The Clerk advised that she had also reported to Chelmsford Borough Council that there were three large holes around Ware Pond|
|Minute 454. Road Signs
The Clerk advised that she had written to Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to the two arms that were missing on the signpost on the corner of Downham Road and the B1007. She also advised that she had asked the Borough to clean all signposts in the village.
|470||BEST VALUE GROUP REPORT.|
|Traffic Management - Cllr. Peacock reported on a meeting that he had had with Essex County Council. He explained that the assessment of local area against accidents allowed no funds for traffic on the basis of accidents. He explained that in the Autumn Chelmsford Borough Council, on behalf of Essex County Council, will start work on new schemes for Stock as it is now on a high priority list. Cllr. Peacock explained that he had had a meeting with the man associated to Section 106 and reported that Bellmans and Greenwoods had contributed. It was hoped that the money would be pooled together with other money, i.e. A130, to do things in the village. Cllr. Peacock reported that the Traffic Schemes Index from Chelmsford Borough Council included proposals for Smallgains Lane and Downham Road. He advised that he would go back to Chelmsford Borough Council to find out what is happening. Cllr. Peacock also reported that Honeypot Lane/Ingatestone Road would be receiving additional signage and patching up of roads. The next meeting with Chelmsford Borough Council and Essex County Council would be in September. The Chairman felt that speeding from the North was the worst problem. She explained that she had received a letter from the Bishop of Brentwood who had suggested cameras. Cllr. Peacock reported that there will be speed measurements pre and post the opening of the A130 due to speed loops that have been put in the road.|
|Cllr. Peacock thanked John Pardon for his advice and for all the administative work he had carried out in relation to the traffic management. Cllr. M. Elliott reported that a traffic survey would be carried out in a fortnight's time.|
|Playground - Cllr. Peacock advised that he was still waiting for the Play Officer at Chelmsford Borough Council to come back to him.|
|Village Hall Car Park - Lighting - Nothing to report.|
|Litter Bins - Nothing to report.|
Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer asked who owned the old village pump outside the Almshouses. He explained that a man from the Almshouses had painted it and he wondered if he had received permission to do so. The Chairman confirmed that the Parish Council owns the pump. Although the man had not received permission it was agreed that he had made a good job of painting the pump.
|472||ROAD SIGNS AND
The Chairman reported that at the APM the subject of the footpath at Church Meadow had been raised. The Chairman explained that photographs had been taken and letters written but nobody had ever heard anymore. She said that she could not see any point in bringing up the matter again but would speak to Mr Clark about the footpath that goes through the boggy part as it was impassable. Cllr. W. Elliott advised that people were walking the fields and not the closed off footpath.
Cllr. Williams advised that there had not been a meeting but at the last meeting the main item was the car park.
|The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from HM Customs and Excise advising that the VAT would be recoverable by the Parish Council as a Section 33 refund.|
|Chelmsford Borough Cllr. Gary Stringer explained that he had carried out an analysis on the final contractors on the specification agreed at the last meeting. He had then sent it to the Village Hall Management Committee who had agreed it to Nelson Anderson & Sons as the appointed contractor. Cllr. Stringer had drafted a letter as a proposed order which he gave to the Clerk to send out. He explained that he had taken the price out for the bottle bank and had put in zero rating for VAT purposes. Cllr. Peacock suggested that the Parish Council look again at the bottle bank at the Village Hall. Cllr. Tant felt that pressure should be put on Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to kerbside recycling.|
|a)||The Chairman reported that she had received a letter from the Bishop with the idea of having cameras installed at each end of the village.|
|b)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Essex Social Services regarding advertising for Foster Carers. It was agreed that the Chairman would pass the letter to Stock Press.|
|c)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from GH Surveyors with regard to Bellmans, Stock Road. The Chairman explained that the change of use from residential to business should have got planning permission and that the owner had not consulted the Church Wardens or the Rector earlier. The Chairman advised that Mr Dean, the Enforcement Officer, was looking at the situation to consider what is the best thing to do and it was suggested that it should be got in writing from the owner what his plans are. Cllr. M. Elliott asked whether it was in green belt and in conservation land. The Chairman confirmed that it was and it had been brought to the Enforcement Officer's attention.|
|d)||The Clerk read out a letter received from RCCE with regard to the renewal of the annual subscription. It was agreed that this should be paid.|
|e)||The Clerk read out a letter received from EALC with regard to the renewal of the annual subscription. It was agreed that this should be paid.|
|f)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Mrs Jane Smith of Environmental Services at Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to Streetscene Area Management Plan: Pilot Areas.|
|g)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Peter Crush of Environmental Services at Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to Statutory Contaminated Land Framework Document.|
|h)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Lord Hanningfield sending his apologies for not being able to attend the APM. In his letter he asked for future meeting dates to be sent to him which the Clerk confirmed she had sent.|
|i)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Alistair Simpson, Monitoring Officer, at Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to Standards of Conduct - Member Training.|
|j)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Essex Air Ambulance thanking the Pairsh Council for their annual donation.|
|k)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from the Minister for Rural Affairs, Rt. Hon. Alun Michael MP.|
|l)||The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Mr Archer, Play Schemes Officer, at Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to the Summer Play Schemes. The Clerk confirmed that the dates were 31st July 2002 for the Play in the Park and 17th August 2002 for the Picnic Play. The Clerk agreed to arrange the advertising of the events.|
|475||REPORT BY CHELMSFORD
BOROUGH COUNCILLOR GARY STRINGER.
Nothing to report.
The Clerk read out letters that had been received from B.T. and Lord Petre with regard to a Wayleave Agreement on the Common Land, opposite Hope Farm, adjacent to 15 Mill Road.
|The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Shaftesbury Housing Group with regard to Orchard House, Common Lane. It was decided that the Clerk should write back advising the company that the previous application had not been supported and that it was inappropriate for the village and the Parish Council had not changed their views.|
02/00572/FUL. New garage to east of house; alterations associated with
conversion of existing garage to kitchen.
Location: 4 Thornton Place, Stock.
Applicant: Mr David Woods Comments by 16th April 2002, this had been passed to the Planning Sub-Committee who had
02/00601/FUL. Conservatory at Rear.
Location: 120 Mill Road, Stock.
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Coomber. Comments by 25th April 2002, this had been passed to the Planning Sub-Committee who had no comments to make.
02/00747/FUL. Single storey rear extension.
Location: 39 Well Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr Paul Jackson. The Parish Council had no comments to make.
02/00770/FUL. Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of replacement
Location: 19 Well Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr C. Fewell. The Parish Council had no comments re the actual development but would like to make sure the contract includes the requirement that all materials and parking for contractors' vehicles are within the site boundary and any damage to verges should be reinstated.
02/00760/FUL. Erection of two bedroom house revised scheme to that approved
Location: 20 The Square, Stock.
Applicant: Mr C. Porter. The Parish Council had no comments to make.
02/00840/FUL. Conversion of barn to dwelling.
Location: Brock Farm, Ingatestone Road, Stock.
Applicant: Mr R. Napp. The Parish Council objected on the grounds that increased occupancy in green belt land is against green belt policy.
01/01919/FUL. First floor extension and erection of two storey side
Location: Springfield Farm, Potash Road, Billericay.
Applicant: Mr A. Argent. Refused.
01/02113/CLEUD. Use of former barn as a separate dwelling house.
Location: The Old Manor, Broomwood Lane, Ramsden Heath, Billericay.
Applicant: Mrs Marina Brinkworth. Certificate of Lawful/Existing Use/Dev. Approved.
02/00187/FUL. Single storey side extension.
Location: 1 Church Hill Cottages, Buttsbury, Stock.
Applicant: Mr J. Rosser. Approved.
01/02246/FUL. Extension to recreation room.
Location: Cracknels, Whites Hill, Stock.
Applicant: Mr G. Leighton. Approved.
02/00099/FUL. Single storey rear extension
Location: 39 Well Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr P. Jackson Refused.
02/00399/FUL. Rear Conservatory.
Location: 9 Well Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr & Mrs P. Hunt. Approved.
01/01703/FUL. Erection of one dwelling and garage.
Location: Bakers Arms, Common Road, Stock
Applicant: Mr E. Southgate. Approved (S106).
02/00201/OUT. Renewal of approval 98/01004/OUT. Demolish existing dwelling
and erect two detached dwellings and garages.
Location: Whitewalls, 144 Mill Road, Stock. Applicant: Mr J. Higgins. Approved.
|The Clerk advised that a VAT refund had been received for £373.20.|
|The following cheques were approved for payment and signed:|
| 100776 £27.00
Stock Village Hall
Hire of small hall on 12/4/02 and hire of main hall on 25/4/02.
|100777 £10.00 Essex
Quarterly contribution towards phone voucher
Annual Subscription 2002/03
|100779 £318.72 Mrs
Salary and Expenses
Audit Fee for 2000/01
|100781 £210.00 M.I.
Stock Church Graveyard - Cut back hedges, low branches etc.
|100782 £ 25.00 Rural
Community Council for Essex
Annual Membership 2002/03
|Transfer of Funds -|
|The Clerk advised that on the 15/4/02 she had put on notice to transfer £2,000.00 from the HIBA account to the current account. The funds were due to be transferred on the 29/4/02.|
|Audit - The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from PKF with regard to the fees for the audit of 2000/01. She explained that the audit bill had been for £421.12, including VAT, and £850.00, plus VAT, had been incurred in extra costs due to the parishioner's objections that had to be investigated. The Clerk also read out a letter that had been received from PKF announcing the Audit closure and the Chairman signed the form. The Clerk also read out a letter that had been received from the Audit Commission with regard to the new audit regime for 2001/02 accounts. The Clerk also advised that an internal auditor needed to be appointed.|
|Donation to Tweedy Charity - The Chairman explained that The Tweedy Charity had not received their annual donation in the last financial year. The Clerk to speak to the Trustees asking them to write to the Parish Council requesting their donation of £210.00.|
Nothing to report other than Cllrs. Elliott received their letter to attend the Golden Jubilee meeting on the Monday after the meeting which was held on the 19th April.
|479||ESSEX RURAL HOUSING
The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from The Essex Rural Housing Trust thanking the Parish Council for their efforts and advising that the survey report would take 5-8 weeks to be produced. The Parish Council would receive a copy once it is prepared.
|480||THE MODEL CODE OF
The Model Code of Conduct was formally adopted and the Clerk handed out the Register of Members' Interests and Declaration of Acceptance to Office forms which were to be duly completed and signed. Clerk to arrange advertising once all forms had been returned back to her.
|481.||REPORT ON ANNUAL PARISH
MEETING HELD ON THE 25TH APRIL 2002
Cllr. M. Elliott reported that people who come to the APM do not attend Parish Council meetings but shout at the APM. Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer suggested that the Parish Council take volunteer experts if they needed them, i.e. in planning. The Chairman said that parishioners should object to plans and write to Cllr. Stringer and Chelmsford Borough Council. The Chairman said it was a shame that people reprimand the Parish Council with such agression but never offer to help.
|482.|| DATE OF THE NEXT
The next meeting of the Parish Council is on the 27th May 2002.