STOCK PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON
Monday 30th September 2002 AT STOCK VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM.

Present: Cllrs. Mr & Mrs Elliott, Tant, Webb, Lusty, & Peacock
In The Chair Cllr. Johnson
Minute Secretary Lorraine Green
Also Present: 6 Members of the Public and Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer

553. DEMOCRATIC TIME.
A parishioner, Virginia Henderson, reported that there had nearly been an accident in Smallgains Lane and that she had taken photographs. She also reported that people were speeding in the evening. The Chairman said that heavy goods vehicles were going through the lane at around 4.00am. Mrs Henderson also reported that people were throwing bags of rubbish in the Lane.
554 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. - Cllrs. Tully and Williams sent their apologies.
555 MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.
The Chairman reported that Cllr. Williams had asked for the words 'if necessary' to be added after 'chip shop' in Minute 541. Matters Arising From The Minutes, Minute 524. New Positioning of Parish Council Noticeboard.
Cllr. M. Elliott asked that 'Cllr. M. Elliott' be replaced with 'Cllr. W. Elliott' in Minute 544. Maintenance.
Cllr. Tant asked for the word 'Services' to be added after the words 'Director of Environmental' which appeared twice in the paragraph of Minute 538. Democratic Time. Cllr. Tant also asked for the words 'bags were emptied' to be replaced with 'bins were emptied'.
The Minutes of the last Meeting, having been previously circulated, were then duly signed as a true record of events. All agreed.
556 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
Minute 544. Maintenance.
The Clerk advised that she had written to Chelmsford Borough Council again with regard to the arm that had still not been replaced on the sign in Downham Road.
Minute 545. Road Signs and Footpaths.
The Clerk read out a reply that had been received from Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to the new 40mph speed limit being implemented on the B1007 Stock Road/West Hanningfield which would replace the current 30mph speed limit.
Minute 547. General Correspondence Item d.
The Clerk advised that she had written to Chelmsford Borough Council with regard to the owner of No. 1 Valentines moving his boundary but as yet had not received a reply.
557 BEST VALUE GROUP REPORT.
Traffic Management - Cllr. Peacock reported that a meeting had been held on the 5th September with Essex County Council and Chelmsford Borough Council. He thanked John Pardon for preparing the minutes and paperwork. Cllr. Peacock advised that the new 40mph speed limit on the B1007 had been discussed. He advised that not a lot of progress had been made following the promise from Essex County Council and Chelmsford Borough Council that in the Autumn A130 measures would start to be worked on. As yet not enough staff had been freed to cover the Stock area. Cllr. Peacock reported that Chelmsford Borough Council had agreed to provide a plan by the end of October for how they were going to develop traffic measures for the Stock area. Cllr. Peacock reported that Simon Rudge had been and looked at the situation in Stock. In a letter that Cllr. Peacock had received from Ron Williams it states that Stock is prioritised in phase 2. Cllr. Peacock reported that traffic flow has slightly gone down in Stock - down by 4%.
Playground -Cllr. Peacock advised that he had spoken to David Archer, the Play Services Officer. Mr Archer had agreed to send some information on site assessment etc. Cllr. Peacock advised that in terms of planning approval Myln Meadow would be easier to get approval than the edge of the Common. It was agreed that once Cllr. Peacock had looked at the information being sent by Mr Archer he would look to see how to get approval.
558 GRASS CUTTING.
The Clerk advised that she had contacted other Parish Council Clerks to find out who they used for grass cutting. The Clerk read out the information that she had received and it was decided that the Clerk should kept the details on file until it was time to send out the tenders.
559 MAINTENANCE
Cllr. Peacock reported that it was a year since Chelmsford Borough Council had written to the owners of 4 Vintners, Mill Road. The letter advised that Chelmsford Borough Council were in discussions with Anglian Water Services to see what options were available to improve the existing situation following the storm water drainage/flooding that had occurred at the property. Cllr. Peacock asked the Clerk to write back to John Rackham at Chelmsford Borough Council asking what the outcome has been following their discussions with Anglian Water Services.
The Chairman advised that the churchyard had been tidied up that weekend. Cllr. Peacock advised that he had been and looked at the work carried out and gave the Clerk the final invoice.
Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer reported that one of the new oak posts in front of the Almshouses, on the top corner on the bend, had been knocked over already. Cllr. Stringer agreed to put the post back in.
Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer reported that after several conversations with 24/7 with regard to the telegraph pole outside the Almshouses he had written in his capacity as Borough Councillor to try and resolve the matter. Cllr. Stringer handed the Clerk a copy of his letter to put on file.
Cllr. Peacock reported that old people were finding it difficult to see the kerbstones where the pavement narrows in the High Street just past The Cock Public House and the antique shop. The Clerk was asked to write to Chelmsford Borough Council to see if the kerbstones could be painted white.
Cllr. Webb reported that there were loose kerbstones at the Vernons Corner car park where it goes into Dakyn Drive. Clerk to write to Chelmsford Borough Council.
560 ROAD SIGNS AND FOOTPATHS
The Chairman reported that a sign like a For Sale notice has been placed outside a house in Well Lane advertising the owner's business. The Chairman advised that she had spoken to the owner and the matter would be dealt with.
561 VILLAGE HALL REPORT.
The Chairman read out a report that had been prepared by Cllr. Williams. It stated that the debt was now down to somewhere around £29,000.00 and that Cllrs. M. & W. Elliottt will run the lottery again in 2003.
Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer reported that he had drafted a letter to Nelson Anderson with regard to the works that had still not been completed. The letter was handed to the Clerk to send out.
The Chairman and Clerk reported that people were having difficulty in finding the telephone number to get in contact with someone to book the village hall. Cllr. M. Elliott agreed to take the matter back to the Village Hall Management Committee.
562 GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE
a) The Clerk read out an E-Mail that had been received from Roger Watling asking what the procedure was to replace his hedge with a brick wall. The Clerk was advised to write back and tell him to contact Chelmsford Borough Council Planning Department
b) The Clerk read out a letter that had been received from Essex County Council with regard to Parish Council Magazines. It was decided that the Clerk should give the details of Stock Press.
563 REPORT BY CHELMSFORD BOROUGH COUNCILLOR GARY STRINGER.
Cllr. Stringer reported that the planning application for Long Gable, 108 Mill Road, had been passed for a house and a bungalow. He advised that the appeal had been withdrawn for the other application for two houses.
564 PLANNING MATTERS.
Planning Meetings.
The Clerk read out the reply that she had sent to Mr Otter following his earlier letter. The Chairman advised that she had taken advice from the EALC. The Chairman explained that she thought the Parish Council should continue to discuss plans that come up between meetings via the Clerk's delegated power as setting up a new Planning Committee would involve a lot of extra expense, time and paperwork. It was decided that if the delegated members felt that the plans needed the full Council's consultation then a deferment would be sought. It was decided that this was the best course of action and that in May the new Parish Council could decide how they wished to continue.
Applications:
Application No. 02/01775/FUL. Erection of new double garage to replace timber garage previously demolished 1993.
Location: The Bield, 10 Swan Lane, Stock.
Applicant: A. Vicary
Comments by 23rd September 2002, under the Clerk's delegated power this had been passed to Cllrs. Johnson, M. Elliott & Williams who had no comments to make.
Application No. 02/01818/FUL. Two storey rear extension and first floor side extension with associated works.
Location: The Old School House, Stock Road, Stock.
Applicant: Mr G. Stringer.
Comments by 26th September 2002, under the Clerk's delegated power this had been passed to Cllrs. Johnson, M. Elliott & Williams who had no comments to make. Chelmsford Borough Councillor Gary Stringer declared an interest in this application.
Application No. 02/01838/FUL. First Floor Front Extension.
Location: 22 Birch Lane, Stock
Applicant: D.M. Field
Comments by 30th September 2002, under the Clerk's delegated power this had been passed to Cllrs. Johnson, M. Elliott & Williams who had no comments to make.
Application No. 02/01772/FUL. Single storey rear extension.
Location: 35 Well Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr T. Wilson
Comments by 30th September 2002, under the Clerk's delegated power this had been passed to Cllrs. Johnson, M. Elliott & Williams who had no comments to make.
Application No. 02/01799/FUL. Extensions and alterations and conversion of outbuildings to residential use.
Location: 15 Mill Road, Stock.
Applicant: Mr B. Kress and Ms. S. Mudd.
The Parish Council commented that the reduced provision of off street parking was unacceptable and that the glazing of the workshop was not in keeping with the conservation area.
Application No. 02/01852/FUL. Proposed personal stable and tack room.
Location: Fairfields, Marigold Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr Squibb.
The Parish Council strongly opposed on the grounds that it represents over development of the site having regard to the existing outbuildings.
Application No. 02/01870/FUL. Conversion of integral garage to dining room. New softwood sash window and soft red brick wall to match existing.
Location: 18 High Street, Stock.
Applicant: Natasha Sims and James Woodcock
The Parish Council commented that it does remove the only off street parking available for these premises.
Application No. 02/01871/LBC. Conversion of garage to dining room. New softwood sash window and soft red brick wall to match existing.Location: 18 High Street, Stock.
Applicant: Natasha Sims and James Woodcock The Parish Council commented that it changes the character of the High Street.
Application No. 02/01936/FUL. Existing dwelling to be demolished and construct new detached house with double garage.
Location: 31 Mill Road, Stock.
Applicant: Atkinson & Legge Ltd.
The Parish Council objected on the grounds that it is altering the street scene by the ridge height. It is setting a new precedent in its style and bulk and it is an invasion of privacy and would give rise to a deprivation of light.
Application No. 02/01899/FUL. First floor rear extension.
Location: 76 Mill Road, Stock.
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Perry.
The Parish Council had no comments to make.
Application No. 02/01985/FUL. Reduction of the size of the rear conservatory and provision of replacement pitched roof. Location: Kimberley Cottage, Great Prestons Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Cansick.
The Parish Council had no comments to make.
Application No. 02/01918/FUL. Change of use of A1 shop back to room forming part of existing house.
Location: 17A The Square, Stock.
Applicant: Mr & Mrs D. Unwin.
The Parish Council had no comments to make.
Results:
Application No. 02/05124/TPO. Works to T1 and T2 Oaks (TPO 1986/22).
Location: 1 Little Farm Cottages, Buttsbury, Ingatestone, Stock.
Applicant: Nina Whittle. Approved.
Application No. 02/01333/FUL. Part single, part two-storey rear extension and lean-to roof at front.
Location: 26 Birch Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Adshead-Grant. Approved.
Application No. 02/01673/FUL. Plot 1 - Conservatory.
Location: 4 Mill Lane, Stock.
Applicant: Mr Lycett. Approved.
565 FINANCE.
PAYE and Clerk's Salary - The Clerk advised that she had had a meeting with an Inland Revenue Business Advisor and that the PAYE had now been set up. The Clerk explained that she had deducted all the tax outstanding for this tax year together with two months N.I. Contributions from this month's salary. She explained that in order to clear the outstanding N.I. Contributions for this tax year both employee and employer would need to pay two months contributions every month until the end of January. The Clerk reported that the EALC were still waiting for this year's pay increments to be finalised and this would be backdated to the 1st April 2002.
The following cheques were approved for payment and signed:
100804 £392.84 Mrs L.J. Green Salary 1.9.02-30.9.02
100805 £42.72 Inland Revenue Only PAYE and N.I.
100806 £96.42 Mrs L.J. Green Expenses
100807 £9.20 Stock Village Hall Hire of Hall
100808 £498.05 ELS Grass Cutting August and VAT outstanding from May invoice
100809 £25.00 CPRE Annual Subscription Renewal
100810 £35.00 Chelmsford Borough Council Parish Sports Programme
100811 £251.00 M.I. Henderson Cheque Cancelled
100812 £95.00 M.I. Henderson Strimming Churchyard
Transfer of Funds - The Clerk advised that on the 12th September 2002 she had transferred £14,000.00 from the Current Account to the Business Reserve Account following receipt of the second half of the Precept.
Barclays Bank Internet Banking - The Clerk read out a letter that she had received from Lynne Andrews of Barclays Bank with regard to the Online Banking facility. It was agreed that the Clerk should set this service up.
External Audit for Accounts 2001/02.
The Clerk advised that she had sent the relevant paperwork to Lubbock Fine.
Internal Audit and Internal Auditor's Fee - The Chairman reported that the EALC had advised that a gift could not be given for the work carried out and only a fee that had been negotiated with Peter Bentley would be acceptable. As Peter Bentley had offered his services free of charge the Chairman asked the Clerk to send a letter of appreciation to him thanking him for the work that he had carried out on the internal audit.
Office Telephone - The Chairman asked Cllr. Peacock to put a message on the office answerphone which he agreed to do after the meeting.
Insurance - The Clerk advised of the costs involved in taking out the insurance for the seat, noticeboard and all of the litter bins. It was agreed that the Clerk should accept the quotation of £64.72 plus 5% tax as from the 1st October 2002.
Cricket Club Contribution Towards Grass Cutting - The Clerk had prepared an invoice for £180.00 which she had sent to Cllr. Tant. Cllr. Tant handed the Clerk a cheque for this amount in settlement.
566 ESSEX RURAL HOUSING TRUST
The Chairman reported that she had spoken to the Essex Rural Housing Trust who had advised her that they had had a telephone call from a resident in Stock who was against the idea. The Chairman said that there had been an unusually good response to the survey. The Chairman explained that the Trust wanted suggestions for sites. Cllr. Tant suggested The Larches and Cllr. M. Elliott said that the site was approximately 4 acres. The Chairman asked the Clerk to write back to the Essex Rural Housing Trust asking them to proceed further and giving them the suggestion of The Larches as a suitable site.
567 THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - MODEL PUBLICATION SCHEME FOR LOCAL COUNCILS.
Cllr. Lusty reported on The Freedom of Information Act 2000 - Model Publication Scheme for Local Councils. He explained that the Act requires the Parish Council to have a Publication Scheme either by using the prescribed Model Scheme or the Parish Council devising a Scheme of their own. Cllr. Lusty proposed that the Parish Council adopt the Model Scheme Core Classes Only. All Councillors were in favour of this decision and the Clerk was asked to prepare the declaration and return it to the Information Commissioner.
568 DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING.
The next meeting of the Parish Council is on the 28th October 2002.
The Chairman thanked everyone for coming; the meeting closed at 9.10pm.
Stock Home Council Home Council Minutes